Basics of What We Believe:
We believe the Bible to be the complete Word of God.
- That the 66 books of the Old and New Testament were inspired by the Spirit of God as originally written
- That the Bible is the final authority in all matters of faith and conduct · 2 Timothy 3:16
We believe in one God, Creator of all, Holy, Sovereign, Eternal.
We believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, the Messiah prophesied in the Old Tetsament.
- In His deity as God, the Word, the Son of God - John 1
- In His becoming flesh on earth, His sacrificial death, His resurrection, and His ascension back into God's presence - The Good News of the Gospel given in Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, and Acts.
- In His church - beginning in Acts 2, promised in Matthew 18, spread by the Gospel message as revealed in the letters to the churches in the New Testament.
The Holy Spirit
We believe in the deity and work of the Holy Spirit
- Who convincts of sin, of righteousness and of judgment by the Word of God
- Who regenerates, indwells, seals, sanctifies, illuminates and comforts those who believe in Jesus Christ
- Who bestows upon believers His gifts sovereignly as He wills and fills those yielded to Him and following the Word of God
We believe that salvation is by grace of God through our Savior, Jesus Christ
- That by the Father, Christ voluntarily suffered a propitiatory death
- That justification is by faith in Jesus alone, not by works of any law or creed
- That faith leads us to repentance and desired obedience to God's will as seen in each believer's response to the Gospel in the New Testament.
- Believers are taught to: Repent of sinful living, Confess Jesus is the Christ, Be Baptized for remission of past sins and new birth into Christ, and faithfully serve the Lord Jesus Christ. (Please read Acts 2 for a full example of the message of salvation and the proper response of the believer.)